Philosophy of the College of Nursing
East Carolina University College of Nursing (ECUCON) will be nationally recognized for innovative programs in nursing education and collaborative, interdisciplinary partnerships that improve the way health care is provided in rural underserved communities as well as for research that advances nursing science. Our intent is to improve the health and well being of citizens in the region and around the world.
The mission of ECUCON is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice.
The ECUCON believes:
- All people should be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Caring relationships are the core of nursing practice.
- The profession of nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals, families, organizations, and communities.
- High quality education, which includes both face-to-face and online learning, transforms lives.
- Students should be prepared to actively participate in a global community.
- Nursing practice and education should occur in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Our tradition of service learning, community engagement, and leadership provides a model for transforming the health of the region, nation, and the world.
- Knowledge development and dissemination are our responsibility and commitment.
These guiding principles form a belief system which is foundational to our BSN, MSN and PhD programs.
- About us
Future & Current Students
- MSN Alternate Entry
- Financial Aid
- Academic Advising
- Student Services
- Testing & Training
- Orientations for New Students
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- Multicultural Student Nurse Association
- East Carolina Association of Nursing Students
- Holistic Health Organization (H2O)
- Nurses Christian Fellowship
- Graduate Student Organization
- Student Organizations Event Calendar
- Future Pirate Nurse Living and Learning Village
- Faculty & Staff
- Alumni & Friends
- Nursing Organizations
- International Activities
- Technology & DE
- RIBN Partnership
- CON Calendar
- CON Hall of Fame