Dr. Elaine Scott
(RN, BSN, MSN, PhD)
- Associate Professor
- Director of the East Carolina Center for Nursing Leadership
- Office: 3138 Health Sciences Building
- Phone: 744-6383
- Email: email@example.com
New Graduate Nurses, Leadership, Facilitation, Polarity Management, Administrative Philosophy, Mentoring
Term Course Course Title Sec CH Enroll Session Campus PTR
2013/Spring NURS9000 DISSERTATION
2013/Spring NURS8255 DIRECTED RESEARCH
2013/Spring NURS6983 ADM & ORG THEO & ETHI 601
2012/Fall NURS9000 DISSERTATION 005 12 3
2012/Fall NURS8255 DIRECTED RESEARCH
2012/Fall NURS8220 PHIL OF SCIENCE
2012/Fall NURS4150 NURSING LEADERSHIP
Proceedings & Abstracts (within last 10 years):
- Scott, E.S. & Hofler, L. (2013). "Implementation of Synergetic Leadership." 45th Annual AONE Conference, Denver, CO.
- Scott, E.S. & Yoder-Wise, P. & Cherry, B. (2013). Setting the Leadership Research Agenda in Nursing: CGEAN's Perspective. AACN Master's Education Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Scott, E. S. & Miles, J. (2013). "A Model of Leadership Development in Nursing." 22nd Annual Collaborative Nursing Research Day, Greenville, NC.
- Scott, E. S., & Lake, D. (2009). "Partners in Rural Nursing." 18th Annual Collaborative Nursing Research Day.
- Scott, E. S., & Swanson, M. (2007). "ADN Nurse Leaders: Architects or Draftsmen." International Nursing Administration Research Conference (INARC)
- Scott, E. S. (2006). "The Transition of New Graduate Nurses into the Workplace." 15th Annual Collaborative Research Day, 2006
- Scott, E. S., Engelke, M., & Swanson, M. (2005). "New Graduate Transition into the Workplace." 38th Biennial Sigma Theta Tau International Conference.
- Scott, E. S. (2004). "Leadership Characteristics in Baccalaureate Nursing Students." 13th Annual Collaborative Research Day, East Carolina School of Nursing, Greenville, NC.
Journal Articles (within last 10 years):
- Scott, E.S. & Miles, J. (2013). Advancing leadership capacity in nursing. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 37(1), 77-82.
- Scott, E.S. & Yoder-Wise, P.S. (2013). Increasing the intensity of nursing leadership: Graduate preparation for nurse leaders. Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(1), 1-3.
- Scott, E. S. & Brinson, H. (2011). Escalating the pathway from the associate's degree in nursing to the bachelor of science in nursing and/or the master of science in nursing: What is standing in the way? NC Medical Journal, 72(4), 300-303.
- Scott, E.S. (2011). Educational preparation to strengthen nursing leadership. NC Medical Journal, 72(4), 296-299.
- Pokorny, M., Scott, E. S., Rose, M. A., Baker, G., & Swanson, M. (2009). Challenges in caring for morbidly obese patients. Home Health Care Nurse. 27: 43-52.
- Scott, E. S., & Smith, S. (2008). Group Mentoring: A Transition-to-Work Strategy. Journal of Nursing Staff Development.
- Scott, E. S., Engelke, M. K., & Swanson, M. (2008). New Graduate Transitioning: Necessary or Nice? Applied Nursing Research.
- Scott, E. S., & Craig, J. (2008). Analysis of ANA's Draft Scope and Standards of Practice for Nurse Administrators. Journal of Nursing Administration. 38:
- Scott, E. S., & Cleary, B. (2008). Letter to the Editor: Response to AACN commentary.Nursing Outlook. 56:
- Scott, E. S. (2007). Emotional Intelligence: What it is and how to get it. American Nurse Today. (in press).
- Scott, E. S., & Cleary, B. L. (2007). Professional Polarities in Nursing. Nursing Outlook. 55:
- Scott, E. S. (2007). Nursing Administration Graduate Programs in the United States. Journal of Nursing Administration. 37:
- Scott, E. S. (2005). Peer-to-Peer Mentoring: Teaching Collegiality. Nurse Educator. 30: 52-56.
- Scott, E. S. (2005). Teaching New Graduate Nurses the Tricks of the Trade. Tar Heel Nurse.
- Scott, E. S. (2004). Leading Across the Gaps: The Clinical Specialist as a Bridge to Evidence-Based Practice. Online.
Books & Book Chapters (within last 10 years):
- Scott, E.S. (2013). Leading Change in Leading and Managing in Nursing, 6th Edition (in press).
- Scott, E. S. (2009). Conflict and Polarity in Nursing. In Current Issues in Nursing 8th Edition.