Accelerated Second Degree BSN Option
The accelerated second degree BSN option is designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree and are interested in pursuing a BSN degree with eligibility to obtaining licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). This intense option requires the student to attend full-time on campus for 12-months beginning in the 2nd summer session annually.To be eligible to apply for this option the applicant must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a graduating cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- At least a B (3.0) in each of the specified mathematics, biology, and chemistry courses.
- A "C" (2.0) in the other prerequisite courses.
- Completed the National League for Nursing Pre-admission Examination (NLN PAX).
- Students achieving a composite score of 120 or higher and 50th percentile in each sub-test area will be given preference.
You can download the accelerated second degree BSN curriculum plan here:
The accelerated second degree BSN application is for Summer II admission every year.
Accelerated second degree BSN applicants must apply to both ECU Undergraduate Admissions and the ECU College of Nursing.
You can apply to ECU Undergraduate Admissions online at http://www.ecu.edu/admissions.
The application for the ECU College of Nursing must be downloaded, filled out, and submitted. You can download the ECU College of Nursing applications below. Instructions for submitting the application are included on the application form.
ECU College of Nursing Accelerated Second Degree BSN Application Download
- Application to Enter Accelerated BSN (ABSN) Option (Microsoft Word format)
- Application to Enter Accelerated BSN (ABSN) Option (Adobe Acrobat Reader format)
All application requirements must be submitted to the appropriate locations by December 1st to be considered for admissions.
For further information contact the College of Nursing Student Services office at 744-6477.
Information Sessions for prospective applicants will be held on these dates:
August 14, 2014
September 19, 2014
October 17, 2014
November 21, 2014
All information sessions will be held at 1:00 pm in the ECU College of Nursing on the Health Sciences Campus. If you would like to attend an information session, please RSVP to ECUNurseStudentSvc@ecu.edu.