Accelerated Second Degree BSN Option
The accelerated second degree BSN option is designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree and are interested in pursuing a BSN degree with eligibility to obtaining licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). This intense option requires the student to attend full-time on campus for 12-months beginning in the 2nd summer session annually.To be eligible to apply for this option the applicant must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a graduating cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- At least a B (3.0) in each of the specified mathematics, biology, and chemistry courses.
- A "C" (2.0) in the other prerequisite courses.
- Completed the National League for Nursing Pre-admission Examination (NLN PAX).
- Students achieving a composite score of 120 or higher and 50th percentile in each sub-test area will be given preference.
Please download the Accelerated BSN curriculum plan here:
The accelerated second degree BSN application is for summer II admission every year. Accelerated second degree BSN applicants apply directly to ECU Undergraduate Admissions online at http://www.ecu.edu/admissions as well as to ECU College of Nursing online. All application requirements have to be submitted to the appropriate location by December 1st to be considered for admissions. .
You may submit an application online here.
For further information contact the College of Nursing Student Services office at 744-6477.
Information Sessions for prospective applicants will be held on these dates:
August 14, 2014
September 19, 2014
October 17, 2014
November 21, 2014
All information sessions will be held at 1:00 pm in the ECU College of Nursing on the Health Sciences Campus. If you would like to attend an information session, please RSVP to ECUNurseStudentSvc@ecu.edu.